- Artist: Raffertie
Hailing from the south coast and now based in Birmingham, Raffertie is the 21 year old DJ and producer whose innovative and down right filthy style has been smashing up the UK’s underground dance music scene for the last couple of years.
Playing high energy, bass laden tunes Raffertie has quickly became a firm party favourite across the UK. His sets include everything from uplifting pop classics and 90’s rave anthems to the filthiest house, garage, grime and dubstep tracks, creating huge dance floor reactions that earned him a residency at Hold Tight in London.
Alongside his DJing exploits, Raffertie’s productions have received much acclaim. Following a set of renowned bootlegs that ply all manner of tunes with sickening wonky basslines, it was his original productions that caught the attention of some big names. With Starkey championing the twisted rumbling monster ‘ANTISOCIAL’ on his Sub.FM show, Radio1’s own Mary Anne Hobbs picked up the distorted, devastating beats of ‘Stomping Grounds VIP’. She was so impressed that she invited Raffertie to do a guest mix as part of her showcase of up and coming talent, describing him as “as sick as they come”.
Having just dropped his first EP (Do That/Boy Better Know) and with forthcoming releases on the Planet Mu and Seclusiasis labels as well as official remixes for The Rogue Element and Food For Animals, Raffertie will no doubt be one to watch in 2009.
Many questions have been asked about the origins of those scissors in his logo, and without any definitive answers from the man himself we’re left wondering whether they represent his cutting edge tracks, or his slicing and dicing of all genres to create that insane party style. Perhaps he just likes arts and crafts.
Someone once said “I like to think of one arm being the technically trained, innovative producer, while the other is the bass crazed, fun loving DJ, and the two snapping together to carve up the dance floor wherever he goes.”
The Mu School
Jul 17, 2009
- Feb 09, 2016 - Jlin at Le Gibus (Paris)
- Feb 10, 2016 - Jlin at Corsica (London)
- Feb 26, 2016 - Jlin at Thebarton Theatre (Adelaide)
- Feb 26, 2016 - RP Boo at Unsound at Adelaide Festival of Art / Thebarton Theater (Adelaide)
- Mar 02, 2016 - RP Boo at ICSSC /Flyrite (Perth)
- Mar 03, 2016 - RP Boo at Section 8 (Melbourne)
- Mar 04, 2016 - Luke Vibert at Village Underground (London)
- Mar 05, 2016 - RP Boo at Neck Of The Woods (Auckland)
- Mar 18, 2016 - RP Boo at SXSW Official OTS Showcase / Plush (Austin)
- Mar 19, 2016 - Jlin at SXSW On The Sly Official Showcase / Cheer Up Charlies (Austin)