In 2007 Oris Jay’s influence has never been more powerful…
His dark sound revolutionized the UK garage and breaks scenes and laid the foundations for 21st Century dubstep.. this is the boy what wrote the book..
Oris produces as Darqwan, DQ1 and RS4… He’s based in Sheffield, Steel City, home of his seminal label Texture.
As the fresh sound of UK garage hit London, so did Oris… He went home buzzing about the beats that were blazin’ up pirate radio, clubs and record shops in London, and made it his mission to pioneer UK garage in the North.
In production terms Oris’s sound has been unique from the outset, influenced by dark, edgy d&b and the vibe of 2-step and UK garage. His underground anthem ‘Biggin Up The Massive’, featuring a sample of MC Ranking, is an early example of his fire…. Legendary garage DJ EZ began to rinse it, Oris broke London and the rest of the planet was fast to follow..
Tunes like ‘Said The Spider’ and ‘Raisin’ Kane’ cemented his reputation as a dark garage master, and the creator of a sound that went on to form the first blueprint for Dubstep.
Mary Anne Hobbs
Jun 16, 2008
Oct 8, 2007
10 Tons Heavy
Oct 15, 2007
Jul 2, 2007
- Four Track Mind
- My Love Is A Bulldozer
- The Seer Of Cosmic Visions
- Hyper Feet
- Da Mind Of Traxman Vol.2
- Zero Hour
- John Wizards
- Chewed Corners
- Lusaka By Night
- Weird Drift
- Rain (ft. Vezelay)
- Love & Devotion
- Flight Muzik Reloaded
- Somerset Avenue Tracks (1992-1995)
- Nov 01, 2014 - Venetian Snares at Muziek-O-Droom (Hasselt)
- Nov 05, 2014 - Venetian Snares at Marche Gare (Lyon)
- Nov 06, 2014 - Venetian Snares at Le Pub ADK (Roissy-En-Brie)
- Nov 07, 2014 - Ekoplekz at Corsica Studios (London)
- Nov 07, 2014 - Venetian Snares at Le Zoo (Geneva)
- Nov 07, 2014 - Ital at Distorted Club (Warsaw)
- Nov 08, 2014 - Mr. Mitch at Rye Wax, Peckham (London)
- Nov 08, 2014 - Venetian Snares at Marble Factory (Bristol)
- Nov 08, 2014 - Ital at Rewire Fest (The Hague)
- Nov 09, 2014 - Venetian Snares at Globe (Cardiff)