Tropics: Soft Vision EP
Reviewed by James Hampson Source: (Fact Magazine)
Autumn is upon us. Wasps stumble and die on our streets. Kids trudge begrudgingly back to school. It is “party conference season.” All around us are signs that summer is finished, it is time to return to more serious matters, the age of enjoyment is over for now. So what could a summery EP by Tropics offer us at this point? Isn’t it two months too late? Well, not really. Because this EP, just like this time of year, is about echoed memories of brighter things not
Tropics – Soft Vision EP
Reviewed by Sam Constable Source: (City lifers)
As the year goes on it seems Planet Mu are intent on spoiling us with yet more fresh talent, and the Soft Vision EP makes it easy to hear why Tropics are the next one up. Fans of Optimum, Starkey, Kuedo, Falty DL and Ikonika take notice, this one’s for you. Tropics (aka Chris Ward) brings us a dreamy, summery sound perfectly timed to carry us out of the summer days.
‘Give It Up’ opens proceedings perfectly. Angelic echoed vocals flutter through a warm, fuzzy
- DJ Diamond - Flight Muzik
- Machinedrum - Room(s)
- Pritch & Trim - Stereotype
- Tropics - Parodia Flare
- Anti-G - Presents 'Kentje'sz Beatsz'
- Various - Ghettoteknitianz E.P.
- Kuedo - Severant
- Chrissy Murderbot - Women's Studies
- Boxcutter - The Dissolve
- NastyNasty - No Names
- FaltyDL - You Stand Uncertain
- Chrissy Murderbot - Bussin Down
- Boxcutter - Allele
- - Bangs & Works Vol.1
- DJ Roc - The Crack Capone
- Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
- Various - 14 Tracks From Planet Mu
- DJ Spinn - Man I Do It EP
- DJ Rashad - Itz Not Rite
- Numan - Race Against Time
- Ital Tek - Midnight Colour
- DJ Nate - Da Trak Genious
- Tropics - Soft Vision E.P.
- Mrs Jynx - Shark Carousel