Reviewed by andrew stevens (absorb.org)
irish electronica? geddaway! nope, seriously, here it is - ambulance's debut the curse of vale do lobo (i'm not sure why the portuguese resort of vale de lobo is cursed....), on the much vaunted planet mu. actually ambulance are not so short of respect themselves these days, with peelie and plaid among their advocates.
their reputation deserved, success on a more commercial level can be assured if this is an indication of what's to come in the
Reviewed by Fela Lewis (logo magazine)
Though they work in the field of electronics, the vistas that this Dublin duo - Dunk and Trev - create are less self-conscious and more organic than the majority of their peers, eschewing blasts of digital squall for a more measured approach that variously recalls the BBC Radiophonic Workshop’s sound effects for Dr Who and Blake’s 7 and the cyber-sex of Dinky, while the invention and attention to detail wouldn’t be wasted on a Mike Oldfield album.
Reviewed by Sam (tesselate.me.uk)
Them dubliners Ambulance finally drop their album into my boiling hands. After making me love them with an Untitled 7" on Planet Mu (ziq054), I have been waiting to hear the full length outing, and finally it has arrived. After Mike Paradinas asked them to work on an album for his label, they came back with TWO albums worth, and this is the first. More to come....
"Tickle" drops an electro beat from the offset with a tiny harmonica singing along,
- Shitmat - Shopliftin' Gabba
- Jansky Noise & Speedranch - Mi^grate
- µ-Ziq - Bilious Paths
- Lexaunculpt - The Blurring Of Trees
- Ambulance - The Curse Of Vale Do Lobo
- Venetian Snares - Winter In The Belly Of A Snake
- Electronic Music Composer - Suggested Surgery
- Local - They Are Local
- Leafcutter John - The Housebound Spirit
- Various - Children Of Mu
- Venetian Snares - Higgins Ultra Low Track Glue Funk Hits 1972-2006
- Joseph Nothing - Dreamland Idle Orchestra
- Nautilis - Are You An Axolotl
- DJ Hekla - Eruption 1970
- Nautilis - Sketches Vol.1
- Decal - 404 Not Found
- Luke Vibert - Homewerk
- Kettel - Tadley Management E.P.
- Hellfish - Meat Machine Broadcast System
- Dykehouse - Dynamic Obsolescence
- Tim Tetlow - Cyrenic
- Electric Company - Slow Food
- Venetian Snares - Songs About My Cats
- o9 - No Delay For Days