Planet Mu September news
Posted by: Thomas on Sep 20, 2012
Planet Mu Records take over Corsica Studios in London on the 29th of September 2012 to bring you a night of live performances and DJ sets from the label’s diverse roster.
First up is Venetian Snares, the recording alias of Aaron Funk who has just released his LP 'Sleep' under the Last Step moniker. Aaron's fans will no doubt want him to play a set of uncompromising 7/4 jungle, but with the Snares Man you never know what surprises are in store...
µ-Ziq a.k.a Mike Paradinas, the founder and owner of Plane
t Mu will be playing a live set of mainly new unreleased material recorded in the last couple of months. Or maybe he will DJ Chicago Footwork, he too will decide on the night, that's the beauty of live sets by autonomous beings.
Planet Mu veteran Boxcutter (aka The Host) will be treating us to reworked music from his latest album and some of his newer harder footwork influenced outings.
Ital Tek will be performing cuts, some of which will most likely be culled from his forthcoming full-length 'Nebula Dance' which is due October 2012 on Planet Mu. His twinkling productions are lately inspired mainly by chi-town footwork and U.K. bass music.
Star in the making Rudi Zygadlo will be playing all the hits from his new album 'Tragicomedies' with a live band backing. As both singer-songwriter and electronic musician, his sound defies easy categorisation and pigeonholing. His debut, 2010’s Great Western Laymen (Planet Mu) took the fundamentals of Dubstep to a point previously unheard; at the time The Fader called his debut “smart, weird pop songs built with big ideas and the kind of magpie ingenuity that is sometimes mistaken for mental illness.”
We don't know what to expect from Glaswegian Konx-om-Pax (that seems to be the theme of this evening!) He can range from the lush soundscapes of 'Regional Surrealism' (his debut album just released on Planet Mu) to acid, house and techno, all well road-tested on the dance floor. Expect anything.
Ahead of his debut LP set for release in 2013, Claude Speeed (part of LuckyMe’s American Men collective) will be showcasing his brand of woozy lush synth driven instrumentals.
Last but "by no means" least, reclusive Canadian junglist 0=0 completes the line-up and will be playing live tracks from his debut LP ‘Punctuality’ which was never released for some reason. Maybe 2012 is the year the fabled album will be unleashed? Probably not.
RUDI ZYGADLO 'TRAGICOMEDIES' OUT MONDAY
As both singer-songwriter and electronic musician, the sound on Rudi Zygadlo’s new album 'Tragicomedies' defies easy categorisation and pigeonholing. In the struggle to find comparisons, the press have compared him with Rufus Wainright, Rustie, Julia Holter, James Blake and Laurie Anderson, but the truth is he has a unique sound. 'Tragicomedies' is simply an album of pop songs, sung from the heart about personal matters. His debut, 2010’s Great Western Laymen took the fundamentals of Dubstep to a point previously unheard, amalgamating off-kilter influences like choral music and Frank Zappa into the mix, opening the ground for the inevitable fusion of Dubstep and song that was to follow. At the time The Fader called his debut “smart, weird pop songs built with big ideas and the kind of magpie ingenuity that is sometimes mistaken for mental illness.” Rudi has made the perfect follow-up, reining in the production excesses while concentrating on letting the songs breathe.
You can currently stream the whole album at 'The Fader Website'
Venetian Snares Tour
Venetian Snares is currently touring Europe. Check out a show near you.
- Sep 23, 2014: Venetian Snares + Boxcutter + The Doubtful Guest + Chevron
- Sep 22, 2014:
- Jun 18, 2014: Traxman - Ever And Always
- Apr 29, 2014: DJ Rashad 1979 - 2014
- Apr 28, 2014: Heterotic - Lumber (ft. Vezelay)
- Feb 21, 2014: Heterotic 'Rain' ft. Vezelay video
- Oct 6, 2013: MISTY CONDITIONS DANK VIDEO
- Oct 6, 2013: Miracle - Mercury video
- Sep 17, 2013: John Wizards Limpop & Friend Live videos
- Jul 31, 2013: John Wizards Lusaka By Night Live Video
- Jul 24, 2013: John Wizards Lusaka By Night Video
- Jun 27, 2013: June News µ-Ziq, Fabric, John Wizards
- Apr 23, 2013: London 25th May 2013
- Apr 23, 2013: April News Solar Bears, RP Boo, µ-Ziq
- Feb 26, 2013: February news
- Dec 17, 2012: December News, end of year charts & New Muziq LP
- Nov 30, 2012: Independent label market London
- Nov 13, 2012: November: Ital, Ital Tek & 2013 signings
- Sep 20, 2012: Planet Mu September news
- Jul 9, 2012: Rudi Zygadlo Melpomene
- Jun 21, 2012: Kuedo. Work, Live & Sleep In Collapsing Space
- Jun 12, 2012: June News Polysick, Kuedo, Rudi Zygadlo, Konx-Om-Pax
- Apr 9, 2012: April News
- Mar 6, 2012: February News
- Dec 12, 2011: END OF YEAR CHARTS
- Nov 23, 2011: November News
- Sep 30, 2011: September News
- Aug 1, 2011: July News
- Jun 16, 2011: June News
- Jun 3, 2011: Cubist Reggae now Shipping
- May 30, 2011: May news 2011
- May 9, 2011: New Merchandise + Murderbot
- May 2, 2011: 7/5/11
- Apr 28, 2011: Village Underground Footwork Showcase 29/4/11
- Apr 18, 2011: Party Time
- Apr 8, 2011: Bussin Down Shipping
- Mar 28, 2011: Party time
- Mar 22, 2011: FaltyDl 'You Stand Uncertain' Shipping this week
- Mar 7, 2011: Boxcutter Allele Now Shipping
- Mar 3, 2011: DJ SPINN E.P NOW SHIPPING
- Feb 17, 2011: Speed Dealer Moms Now Shipping
- Jan 16, 2011: Welcome to the First Planet Mu Update of 2011
- Dec 20, 2010: Solar Bears In-Store Rough Trade 19.1.11
- Nov 25, 2010: Speed Dealer Moms Delay
- Oct 4, 2010: Soft Vision + Itz Not Rite + Race Against Time
- Sep 24, 2010: Bangs & Works Vol.1
- Sep 20, 2010: SOLAR BEARS
- Sep 3, 2010: Da Trak Genious
- Aug 19, 2010: Now Being Shipped
- Jul 28, 2010: Introducing some NEW SIGNINGS
- Jul 22, 2010: Just Arrived + New Release dates
- Jun 9, 2010: Mu Editions
- May 13, 2010: Rudi Zygadlo Great Western Laymen Now Shipping
- May 5, 2010: NEW ARTISTS SIGN TO PLANET MU
- Apr 19, 2010: Starkey Ear Drums And Black Holes Out Today
- Mar 24, 2010: The Internal Tulips CD and LP in stock
- Mar 18, 2010: Paypal
- Mar 16, 2010: Starkey Stars Video
- Mar 11, 2010: SWINDLE - AIRMILES E.P!
- Mar 3, 2010: STARKEY'S "STARS" NOW AVAILABLE
- Mar 1, 2010: STARKEY STARS SHIPPING THIS WEEK
- Feb 10, 2010: Welcome to our Mu site
- Feb 9, 2010: Starfox Video
- Jan 20, 2010: New in store
- Jan 19, 2010: Coming Soon
- Oct 21, 2009: Roland TB-303 Competition
- Oct 7, 2009: October News
- Sep 8, 2009: September News
- Jul 27, 2009: August news
- Jul 23, 2009: Mu School
- Jul 8, 2009: Wild Angels coming soon...
- Jun 22, 2009: June/July '09
- May 18, 2009: More News !!!!!!!!
- Apr 16, 2009: Filth Competition !!!
- Apr 14, 2009: Pictures
- Feb 18, 2009: Planet Mu party: FILTH!
- Jan 19, 2009: Planet Mu + HighRise Clothing Collaboration
- Jan 15, 2009: Neil Landstrumm £20 to get home VIDEO
- Jan 7, 2009: Tim Exile's new album announced on Planet Mu/Warp
- Dec 12, 2008: Planet Mu in Clash
- Nov 27, 2008: Neil Landstrumm Lord for £39!
- Nov 24, 2008: Starkey Ephemeral Exhibits OUT NOW!
- Nov 20, 2008: Distance Repercussions Out Now
- Oct 20, 2008: SICK PAY OUT NOW!
- Oct 6, 2008: Discography Updates
- Aug 15, 2008: 27 Sept. 08: Planet Mu + Tippex!
- Aug 14, 2008: My First Week
- Aug 12, 2008: New Employee
- Aug 7, 2008: Sunken Foal
- Jul 11, 2008: Eero Johannes
- Jun 16, 2008: The Gasman- Superlife
- Jun 16, 2008: Planet Mu moves to Broadstairs
- May 16, 2008: Introducing new employee Ruby
- Apr 30, 2008: Plan µ
- Apr 29, 2008: 2OO+
- Apr 11, 2008: 5 new releases uploaded
- Apr 3, 2008: Detrimentalist!
- Mar 20, 2008: The Future
- Mar 19, 2008: Meat Beat Manifesto
- Mar 12, 2008: 2OO+ Party
- Mar 5, 2008: New Chevron Website
- Feb 1, 2008: Out Now!
- Feb 1, 2008: Coming Soon
- Jan 29, 2008: Italia 90 Trax
- Jan 24, 2008: Bang Up To Date Fresh Live Electronics
- Jan 15, 2008: McCanns
- Dec 19, 2007: 2OO / 10 Tons Heavy Review in the Wire
- Dec 11, 2007: The true meaning of 'Xmas'
- Nov 29, 2007: Xmas!
- Nov 26, 2007: Cuts
- Nov 5, 2007: New Website
- Oct 25, 2007: New Header!
- Aug 30, 2007: News
- Feb 10, 2007: Hello London
- Aug 23, 2006: New releases
- May 20, 2005: