- Artist: Hieroglyphic Being
- Links: Hieroglyphic Being facebook page
Producer and boss of Mathematics records, Chicago's Jamal Moss a.k.a Hieroglyphic Being is a one-off musical explorer. Jamal's music takes cues from the EBM and House that played a huge part in the city's musical underground in the late eighties and early nineties, notably Ron Hardy and Adonis, but also Industrial, Avant-Jazz and Noise.
His tireless schedule of rough low-key releases over the last 12 years and his intense, very physical, psychedelic music, have made him a key exponent or maybe even a pioneer of what's recently come to be named 'Outsider House', although he prefers the more Sun-Ra like descriptors of 'Rhythmic Cubism' and 'Cosmic Be-Bop'.
His releases, much like his music, have straddled House labels and the more leftfield avant garde electronic imprints with ease. However his deeply held Afrofuturist intent and the discipline of his radical designs set him apart from the pack. Always moving forward, his music is an ever-evolving transmission from his mind to our bodies, or as he sees it, a form of meditation that the supple, tuned listener will enjoy immensely.
Hieroglyphic Being And The Configurative Or Modular Me Trio
The Seer Of Cosmic Visions
Oct 6, 2014
- Your Face
- Fingers, Bank Pads & Shoe Prints
- Classics Vol. 1
- Life On Planet Mu
- The Crystal Cowboy
- Entropik E.P.
- Dark Energy
- Parallel Memories
- Don't Leave
- My Love Is A Bulldozer
- The Seer Of Cosmic Visions
- Sun Czar Temple
- Somerset Avenue Tracks (1992-1995)
- Oct 10, 2015 - RP Boo at Razz Matazz (Barcelona)
- Oct 10, 2015 - µ-Ziq at Ancienne Belgique (Brussels)
- Oct 10, 2015 - Luke Vibert at Kazimier (Liverpool)
- Oct 16, 2015 - RP Boo at Unsound Festival (Krakow)
- Oct 17, 2015 - RP Boo at OHM (Berlin)
- Oct 17, 2015 - Luke Vibert at District 8 (Dublin)
- Oct 18, 2015 - at Golden Pudel (Hamburg)
- Oct 23, 2015 - RP Boo at Elevate Festival (Graz)
- Oct 23, 2015 - Luke Vibert at Leoncavallo (Milan)
- Oct 24, 2015 - Luke Vibert at Link (Bologna)